Latest posts by Joel (see all)
- Do Spam Enquiries Come Through via Google Ads Advertising? - July 1, 2021
- Should You Run Google Ads Advertising on Weekends? - May 2, 2021
- Why We Need to Know When You Change Phone Number or URL (Page Address) - March 14, 2021
Why we need to know about changes to your phone number or web address
Not keeping us in the loop can cause significant harm to the campaign we run and the results we deliver:
- Call tracking is a hugely important part of our campaign optimisation and makes a massive difference to the sales/enquiries and ROI we can deliver from our campaigns. We feed this conversion stream data into our machine learning and optimisations systems so that we can bid based on real time conversion probability. If you make a change to the phone number/s listed on your website without telling us, this will break our conversion tracking and optimisation systems, and thus the conversion stream data that we feed into our machine learning systems. And that can often mean lost business and us optimising based on skewed data, which can result in loss of exposure in important areas. A quick email is all it takes to keep us in the loop, and that way, we can simply re-program our tracking systems as required, to ensure that everything continues smoothly.
- Similarly, it’s really important that you keep us in the loop if you ever need to change the page URL (the page address you see in your web browsers address bar) of a product or service page that you know we’re targeting. That way we can re-program our Google Ads Final URL’s as required to ensure that we’re not ‘landing’ traffic’ onto an error 404 page (which is the last thing that anyone wants and is a guaranteed to kill conversions and enquiries). You may also be interested in having a read of our blog post Why You Should NEVER Just Delete a Page and Why 301 Redirects are SO Important.
We’re all on the same team, and we want nothing but the 100% best for each and every one of our clients. And keeping us in the loop when it comes to changes to your phone number and significant URL changes will help us to ensure all aspects of our comprehensive Google Ads campaign continues smoothly. Sure, our team will pick up on issues if you forget to tell us, but it’s much better if we can act on changes right away thus ensuring the best outcomes for everyone.
We hope you found this to be a helpful read. If so, we’d love it if you left us a thumbs up or comment below!