Latest posts by Joel (see all)
- Why Having a RELEVANT and COMPELLING Landing Page is SO Important - August 8, 2021
- Do Spam Enquiries Come Through via Google Ads Advertising? - July 1, 2021
- Should You Run Google Ads Advertising on Weekends? - May 2, 2021
If you max out your daily budget, Google will restrict serving of your Google Ads listings to keep you within the allocated budget. Most advertisers are familiar with this idea, and that’s not changing.
So what’s changing?
If your budget isn’t high enough to reach ALL searchers, Google will continue to restrict ad serving to keep you within your allocated budget. However, what is changing is how they do it. Google has phased out Accelerated Ad Serving. What that means, is that rather than showing ads on every eligible search until you max out your budget, instead, Google will now space ads throughout the entire day. So if you regularly max out your budget, this means your listings may now show intermittently throughout the day to try and maximise reach and spread exposure throughout the course of the day.
What impact will this have on your business?
If your maximum daily Google Click Budget is NOT constrained
If you’re not maxing out your budget, Google’s tweak in ad delivery settings will not have any impact. Our listings will continue to show consistently throughout the course of the day whenever eligible.
If you regularly max out your budget
If you’re regularly using up your budget, Google will now spread ad delivery evenly throughout the course of the day. Listings may show intermittently due to your limited budget.
We don’t expect this change to have a major impact. But if anything, if you regularly max out your budget, this change may help to maximise exposure and slightly decrease cost per click (due to increased competition early in the day), and help spread out clicks and enquiries throughout the course of the day.
The bottom line hasn’t changed:
- If you’re happy with levels of exposure, the volume of clicks and enquiries coming in and your investment in Google Clicks, nothing needs to change.
- If you’re looking for more exposure, more enquiries and more business, and your budget is constrained you should consider increasing your maximum daily Google Click Budget to allow us to deliver greater exposure. As always, when talking about your investment in clicks, it’s important to remember two things (A) that these are maximum caps, and that Google only ever charges for clicks which are actually ‘used up’, and (B), that we don’t make a cent from clicks and always operate fully transparently and with your best interests in mind.
If you’d like to have a chat with our friendly and experienced team about your budget and investment in Google Clicks, feel free to email customercare@ and we’ll be happy to assist with any queries.